Online versus paper
As a provider of online 360 degree appraisalsit will come as no surprise that we see value in moving the processaway from paper-based. If you are having to make the case for aninvestment in a 360 degree appraisal system then here is a list of what we see as thekey benefits. Some obvious, some less so.
- Reduced administrative overload – the key reason people approach us
- Flexibility on questionnaires – it is very simple to have subsets of questions for peers compared to direct reports, say. You could do this on paper, but I wouldn’t recommend it!
- Able to monitor and chase progress easily
- Higher completion rates. I’m sure someone has worked out why, but people respond to email better than they respond to paper.
- Great flexibility on reporting – and reporting is instant
- Reduced ongoing cost
- Simple routes to get consolidated reports – that analyse strengths and weaknesses over a range of demographic information
- Integrate into your performance review process – the link to performance appraisals may not be direct but the administration can easily be linked
- Repeating the process is trivial
Frankly,for more than 10 people I would not consider a paper-based 360 process.And even for smaller numbers, solutions like our self-service 360 www.myown360.com make more sense than paper. Bowland Solutions would of course be delighted to speak with you if you are looking to move online!